Labor Day weekend is a holiday celebration marking essentially the end of the Hamptons summer party season. The million (or perhaps nowadays billion) dollar question is where’s the best party? As always, the best parties aren’t well publicized and are often so well hidden you’d never know they even happened. But you have to be “in the game” to win, so get busy networking asap! In case you’re stuck out there on Labor Day weekend (sniff sniff poor you), here’s a list of things to do. Keep looking, of course, because there’s always a better party somewhere – right?
Scheduled Hamptons Parties and Events *
- The Annual Shinnecock Indian Powwow. One of the largest Native American Events in the area, the Shinnecock Indian Powwow is a solid choice — its flyer states this is a “rain or shine event.” Also, the Powwow has been around for over 70 years, so there’s little chance it will be cancelled. With dates scheduled for the entire weekend, from Friday through Monday, you can’t beat the ticket prices. Info at this link – Shinnecock Indian Powwow.com.
- The Southampton Social Club is another good bet if you’re out in the Hamptons. There’s usually something going on there – it’s called the “Social Club” for a reason.
- Calissa in Water Mill is another good one and a local favorite. Known for having top notch events and entertainment, their schedule is available online & reservations may be made in advance. For Labor Day weekend, a special performance by DJ Lee Kalt is planned for Sunday night September 3rd. Sylver Logan Sharp of Chic is scheduled for Saturday night Sept 2nd. Better call ahead for reservations – these performances may sell out.
- For Friday evening, Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center has a music performance by Mike Birbiglia planned for Sept 1, 2017 – tickets being sold here.
- On Friday afternoon September 1st, find Rosé 101 at Rosé Soirée Labor Day Weekend at Shinn Estate Vineyards.
- On Saturday, you’re in luck if you’re into health and wellness. Check out the Physique57 Labor Day Pop-up with Co-Founder Tanya Becker on Sept 2nd.
- On Sunday September 3rd in East Hampton, get yourself to the OPEN bar at the End of Summer Party with Pipo Cipolatti @ THE GLASS HOUSE!
*These are only “scheduled” parties and events – not confirmed & therefore no guarantee against cancellations. Always remember to contact the host directly to confirm the date, time and/or ticket availability & request to be added to their mailing list (if available) for current updates.
This is by no means a complete list of Hamptons Labor Day weekend parties — it’s only a rough guide & a few “things to do” if you’re out there feeling stranded. Make sure to check back here for regular updates and at our Upcoming Events Calendar & Twitter Account @siftedcity. Have fun!